Live-in care service is ideal for all those individuals who have an elderly parent or a loved one of old age in need of special care and attention. Sometimes, it is impossible to provide all of the caregiving on your own and so you will look at options to get outside help. Live-in care is one of the best solutions in this case.
The service itself is most commonly provided by agencies that specialise in caregiving work. When you contact one and arrange a live-in care service for your parent, you are gaining a lot of benefits. Let’s see some of them.
- Not having to move the person to a care facility – the most notable benefit that live-in care provides is the fact that it enables the old person to remain in their home. Instead of them having to move to a care facility, they maintain familiarity and comfort of their familiar surroundings, all the while getting the outside help they need so much. Moving at old age is very stressful, and oftentimes the person will resist the idea. They will be much more willing to accept help in the form of a live-in care professional, knowing they can continue living in their home.
- Relatives can visit any time they wish – another benefit that comes from the fact the old person doesn’t move out of their home lies with relatives and loved ones being able to visit at any time. Unlike a care facility, which usually has some strict visiting hours, live-in care enables and encourages visits from other people in the home of the elderly individual.
- The person gets to keep any pets – if the old person has any pets, they have likely become a vital part of their life. With live-in care, pets can remain with the person. In fact, the caregiver may also be able to provide some help for looking after the pets.
- It is highly-specialised – another great thing about live-in care service is that it varies from person to person. The needs of every elderly individual are assessed and reviewed, and then the agency builds the service around that. There is hardly a one-size-fits-all approach because people have different needs. Some elderly individuals suffer from diseases and special conditions that require a more specialised approach. Others are mostly in need of some help with everyday tasks, like bathing, washing, cleaning the home, shopping, etc.
- Then there is also the companionship aspect. Some elderly individuals just need a person they can interact with and talk to, which is another thing that live-in carers can assist with. It bears mentioning that the service itself is also quite versatile, because the needs of the person may change over time, in which case the service needs to change as well.
- It is more cost-effective – many people believe that the service itself is quite expensive. However, in reality, it is much more cost-effective than moving the person to a care facility. This is especially the case when the care need involves a couple. Having them both in separate rooms in a care home is more expensive than having a single caregiver come to their place to assist daily. Based on your location, you can even take advantage of various support schemes.
As you can see, there are quite a lot of benefits to resorting to live-in care services. From independence, such choice provides, to the specialised service and attention, it is truly a worthy option for any elderly individual.
© Home Care Preferred Exeter